Applicants for the position should have the following qualifications:
1) An accounting major currently in their senior year or higher
2) Available at least 24 hours per week
3) Successfully completed an individual taxation course
Primary job responsibilities:
1) Prepare federal, state, and local individual income tax returns. The complexity of these returns will increase as individual gains experience. On the job training is provided.
2) Assist staff accountants with the preparation of business income tax returns, including the preparation of work papers, updating of depreciation schedules, and other related tasks.
3) Research tax topics relating to specific client issues by utilizing the firm's research materialsincluding web based sources.
4)Prepare year end informational forms (Form 1099, etc.)
5) Assist in the preparation of financial statements utilizing various accounting software programs
6) Assist accountants with audit engagements.
1) Provides hands-on/real world experience working within a CPA firm environment.
2) Provides experience working with various accounting, tax, and related software
3)Flexibile hours (Monday through Saturday, including evenings).
4) Competitive compensation arrangement.
Email resumes to: William H. Westland, Jr., CPA at firstname.lastname@example.org and Andrew T. Exler at email@example.com.